Sun Baked

I spent the entire blissfully sunny weekend outside.  Every second of it.  I went inside to pee and to sleep, that’s about it. 

Saturday morning I walked my muppet for 5k first thing in the morning before it got too hot out.  I, stupidly, wore a hoodie and nearly died of heat exhaustion about half way.  Sweating out the toxins, I guess!  Ray was out at a meeting so when I got home I continued working on my front flower bed.  Here it is, about 2/3 complete.  I weeded and hand turned the entire thing and then hand churned in some compost.  From where I’m standing taking this picture, there’s about another 8 feet of garden behind me that still needs to be done.  Yipes!  And ps., landscaping is brutally hard work! 


The garden is going to be a combo veggie garden and perennial flower garden, I just have to get over to the nursery and pick up my plants, maybe this week!

Right around 2pm I called it quits, went inside and showered and then made cocktails!  Fresh mango puree into the bottom of a tall glass, a shot of vodka, then perrier, a splash of coconut water for sweetness and some frozen mango cubes instead of ice.  Delicious!


While sitting in the warm shade and sipping drinks we decided that it would be nice to have company come and share that with us so we invited Ray’s daughter and husband over for dinner.  I threw together rib eye steaks, a green salad with pine nuts, strawberries and goat cheese and some baked yams and asparagus.  It was so easy and delicious!  They brought their puppy over and the dogs played in the front yard until they were soaked in slobber and sweat.  Good times!

 Yard Party

Saturday night I drank way more than I normally do and today I still don’t feel awesome.  I didn’t get drunk, barely even a buzz but the quantity exceeded my norm so my body is in a bit of a revolt.  Lesson learned….pour one big glass of wine and sip slowly! 

Sunday morning we got up bright and early, covered up the front room windows with cardboard and headed out on our motorcycles.  I wasn’t really looking forward to it, all of last year when riding I had high anxiety and really didn’t enjoy myself at all.  But….happily, I guess I turned a corner because it was like last year never happened.  I’m certainly not as fast in the corners as I was a couple years ago but I had no panic, no anxiety and was able to keep up at the speed limit or just above.  And?  I had a blast!  It feels like I just deleted last year from my memory and am picking back up where I was before my car accident.  So much so that I rode my bike to work today and really enjoyed the ride in!  I’m not going to get too cocky though, I need lots of seat-time so I’ll be riding to and from work as much as I possibly can over the next little while!

Ray is cultivating a cold right now, a week before he leaves to go up north fishing in the bush for a week!  I’m staying as far away from him as I can get.  I’m in my zone right now and I do NOT need a cold to derail me.  Plus, he can sleep with the 80 pound furnace that is our dog, I’m going to sleep in the cool, fresh spare room.  Alone!  (Ray was awake coughing most of the night and must’ve been feeling bad for himself because he invited Grace into bed to cuddle with at 2am…..and then she decided to lay cross-wise between us and I woke up at 4am hanging off the side of the bed!)

Happy very sunny Monday.  Wherever you are, I wish you the extraordinary weather that we’re experiencing right now!

UPDATE:  regarding the car accident saga, on Friday when driving home from work I noticed this “sign” on a lamp post about 50 feet ahead of where the accident happened.  Driving by you cannot even tell that there is text on the page and with nowhere to pull over (it’s a freeway interchange) a person would have to find somewhere to park and then walk back to read the sign.  Who’s going to do that when they don’t even know what the sign says?! Unfortunately the insurance company is being a douche bag and if the “witness” gives a sworn statement then they don’t investigate any further, they just believe what they say….because according to the woman I talked to on the phone this morning, “no one has ever lied in the sworn statement before.”.  FFS.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s