Oopsie, got a little busy at work and haven’t been able to post! I’ve had a few posts rolling around in my head but I honestly just don’t have time to flesh them out so I’m going to give them to you point form!
- PRESSURE: We rode our motorcycles the other day for the first time this season. Last season I only rode 1000km. So that means in 18 months, I only rode 1000km. That equates to less than 15km/week…or 2km/day. The reason I explain this is because while in years previous, I rode tens of thousands of kilometers each season, I haven’t lately and that means that I’m pretty much back to being green at something I was never experienced with to begin with. So, off we went on our ride on Tuesday night and I thought I did alright, a little slow and cautious but didn’t crash, didn’t freak myself out. And at one of the last traffic lights before home, Ray said to me “Man alive, you sure need a lot of work!”. I was completely deflated….and then infuriated! How dare he knock me down when I’m doing my best at something that is important to us!? Bugger.
- MONTH OF MAY: I really like and get value from partitioning off a month and setting out specifics for what I would like to achieve that month. I’ve declared May as “Lean on May”. I have a whole post written about my goals and actions for May…..but I’m not posting them. I realize that sharing goals and plans can help them become more achievable….but I’m my own island sometimes so I’ve got the post saved and at the end of May I’ll post what I wanted to do and how I did. The overall idea is to lose some fat and gain some muscle. J
- I found out yesterday that the guy who changed lanes into the side of my car waited almost 3 weeks to report his portion of the claim and in that time managed to turn up a “witness” who will say who-the-hell-knows-what. The GUY that hit me also miraculously turned into a WOMAN when the report was made to the insurance company. I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m going to get screwed here. In related news, today is the one year anniversary of my first car accident which partially totaled me and completely totaled my car.
- I’m hard at work this morning……..setting up a play-date for my dog. It’s supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow and Ray has a meeting at 9am so I thought a cruise around the park might be nice and instead of just me taking her, she could run around with her friends! I’m also hard at work wistfully staring out the window and planning what I’m going to do after work. The sun comes out and the list of things I want to do to enjoy it is LONG! My list for tonight includes mowing the lawns, weeding the flower bed, dinner and then a later evening dog walk. Ray’s working until 10 tonight and I’ve only had an hour and a half of sleep between midnight and now so the more I can keep busy, the better off I’ll be!
- Tomorrow after Ray’s meeting we have a plan to go and enjoy the gorgeous weather and get a little riding time in. I’ll be specifically outlining that any sort of unsupportive comments or pressure will be met with my tail lights as I take myself home and get out the For Sale sign! I’m not sure if I’m kidding or not. My bike is gorgeous and I want to love riding it again but the only way that’s going to happen is if I can take my time and work myself through to confidence in my riding again.
I can’t believe the problems you’re having with your accident. No, scratch that. I can. People suck. I’m really sorry that you’re dealing with that personally. Was there no police report made, or anything?
Also, if Ray can’t be supportive, don’t sell the bike – just don’t ride with him any longer.
Oh, the accidents are just ridiculous! No police report, it was just a slow speed fender bender, run of the mill….until people start lying!!
And LOL, I’m totally going to tell him that….if you can’t support me where I am right now then you can’t ride with me. He’d be devastated, quite honestly.