It is blissfully sunny out (finally!) and I am insanely busy at work so have been getting there early to start work…which eats into my blogging time. 😉
An update of things ongoing in point form, shall we?
- Grace is catching on to life with us…in most respects. It is becoming apparent that she never spent any time outdoors. She is nervous and insecure about absolutely every little noise, movement, breeze or bug. It’ll take time but she’s a smart girl, she’ll get used to it.
- We are more careful about keeping her under our control (leash) than we were at first, now that she’s gaining confidence her little firecracker personality is coming out and she has no hesitation about chasing cats in our neighborhood or even chasing a motorcycle down the road at top speed.
- We discovered yesterday during a visit with our adoption co-ordinator that she was not abandoned on the side of the freeway as we first understood. She and her brother were tossed out of a moving vehicle at freeway speed and the car that was behind her car pulled over and went back for them while the owners just sped off. I just about puked when I heard that. And then cried.
- I rode my motorcycle to work on Friday for the first time!
- Going back a little ways since I haven’t been posting much, our family dinner worked out absolutely beautifully, everyone was on their best behavior and got along well enough that I would not hesitate to do it again (and we may, in September)
- On the exercise front I have walked 40.1 kilometers in the last 7 days. This is, apparently, enough for me to not only maintain my weight but to help strip off a little more fat in the legs and belly and replace with lean tissue. Perfect! Especially since, because the weather is gorgeous, we are certainly drinking more than we do when it’s raining out.
- There was a cougar reported in our area late last week, freaks me the hell out!
- We went to a dinner party at Ray’s ex wife’s house last night, she was at our house on Saturday with George so they could meet Grace and she is coming to Ray’s mom’s b’day dinner and then to our house for coffee & cake this coming Sunday. I am definitely struggling at this point, I don’t mind her, she’s a nice person, I love her dog…….but it’s a strain on my good humour and sociability to crank out a happy face when nerves and upset is what I’m feeling inside. And Ray, per normal, pays absolutely no attention to my discomfort whether I specifically mention it or not. It’s a problem.
So, that’s what HAS happened, and here’s what’s coming:
- Grace has a vet appt tomorrow. We thought she had an ouchie foot because of all the walking however it could be because of how she was….um….surrendered. She needs to get that looked at.
- Tara is coming over for dinner on Wednesday so that we can drink a nice rose in the driveway and so she can meet Grace
- Ray’s mom is turning 75 on Sunday (hence the birthday dinner and get together at our house). She just took a tumble yesterday and may have broken her wrist…which is not great, she’s not a great exerciser to begin with and has little confidence in walking to begin with and this won’t help. Plus, she’s going to Israel and Jordan in September so she needs to get up and going.
- Saturday we have a Harley meeting, a chiropractor appt (that Gracie gets to go to…and he offered to take a look at her and see if he can help her at all) and then a memorial service in the afternoon.
So that’s about it. It’s too beautiful here to spend anytime indoors and I’m too busy at work to do anything but swear and bang my head against the desk. Three weeks from now we’re going on holidays as well and that is going to be crazy to get ready for, we’re camping just the two of us and our dog and also towing our big boat up there and going to spend at least a week on the water fishing and swimming and hanging out…..at this point I have requested two weeks off and only had one approved so we can’t even determine how long we’ll be gone for….which really blows.